Booster leaking

I have a 1984 GMC pickup one ton. Power steering fluid is leaking from the booster or "hydraulic assist unit" or what ever it's called. I bought a new one and am going to install it tomorrow. I can see the 4 bolts coming out of the bracket and out of the fire wall, and also 2 bolts coming from the outside going in "roughly behind the brake pedal". My question is, there is a link that comes out of the back of the booster, go's through the fire wall, and "I would assume", hooks on to the top of my brake pedal. Is this attached by a nut and bolt, or is it some sort of spring loaded clip or something...........thanx in advance....

Reply to
Bob

"Bob" wrote

Wouldn't it be easier for you to just stick your head up under the dash and "have a look"?

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Heee heee heee

Brian

Reply to
NoSpam

Yes it would........looks like that's what I will do. Just thought that you guy's have replaced a lot of these........anyway...wish me luck..

Reply to
Bob

"Bob" wrote

We have, Bob. And I think that your two guesses as to how it would be connected are probably what you will find. It does change from year to year, which is why I'm suggesting that you look. In either case, sometimes, it's easier to unhook and hook up the rod from the booster to the pedal when the booster is partially or completely disengaged from the firewall.

Wishing ya luck,

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Thanx again........I can see how every thing comes apart "Except the rod to the brake pedal". I haven't taken a good look. The reason I'm asking is because this is the place where it is most concealed. Again, I want to know what I'm dealing with. Will find out tomorrow... :-(

Reply to
Bob