Bose Speakers

I guess I'll post this question after I seen Justin Spencer's post about wire gauge for a sub. In my 1997 S-10, I added Bose speakers that I took out of a 1999 GMC Envoy. I have just the dash and door speakers installed and the subwoofer is next, but my radio is different. It wont hook up to the Bose Amp. Any ideas how many mps/watts these speakers are? I was guessing around 250, but I want to get an amp that will match the power capability of the speakers dead on, I am a Bose fanatic and don't want to ruin them. Once I do that, the sub will be installed inside my center counsel. Under the arm rest. This also is where the amp will go. Comments welcome

Reply to
Kiel Uyttenhove

There is no need to match the power. It is best to run the most power that you can afford. Your chances of killing speakers are much more likely from running too little power. This happens from overdriving the amp. Dont crank it up so loud that it distorts and you will be fine.

Reply to
Scott M