Brakes

Chevy 1980 G30 Sportsvan, 5.7, TH400 etc etc

I kinda forgot (me lazy) to check the brake fluid. So one day I drove it and lost pedal and the BRAKE warning light came on. I thought this would be a great moment to flush the system. The problem is the bleeder on the left front caliper is stuck, very stuck. I tried penetration oil, torch, impact wrench etc. Result: the *** screw snapped. So I'm looking at a replacement caliper right now since I lack the tools to remove the remainings. In the meantime: is there some kind of procedure to reset the breaklight? I remember some threads abouth this issue but couldn't find them. FYI: I have Delco calipers.

Grt, Timo

Reply to
Timo Wildschut

Brake light will turn off (there is no reset on a 1980 vehicle) after bleeding the air out and pressure is restored.

After you replace the caliper (I suggest replacing the rubber lines while you are at it considering the age of the van) leave the bleeder open for a few minutes to let it gravity bleed. Then go through the regular bleeding procedure. It will save you a little bit of pumping to get all the air out.

Reply to
Eightupman

Tanx for the info, Eightupman.

Now, why > Brake light will turn off (there is no reset on a 1980 vehicle) after

Reply to
Timo Wildschut