Buring a lot of oil all of the sudden...

I recently bought a '91 S10 Blazer 4.3L V6. The first few tanks of gas through it went fine and it did not appear to use much oil. Now it seems to be using a full quart every 200 miles or so. I don't see any blue smoke nor do I see any oil under the car. I mean, not a single drop of oil under the car and I park it in the same place every day. I am going to take a close look at the PCV system and do a compression check to look for a stuck/broken ring. It runs great, no noises so that is about all I can think of to check. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Tim

Reply to
t_puls

stuck/broken

Yeah, pull a plug and see how they look. If it's going into a cylinder, the plug will tell you which one.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Oddly enough, I changed the plugs right after I bought it. The electrodes were burned down pretty good so they needed changing, but they were a perfect whiteish tan color like they should be. I will be looking at them again when I do the compression check this weekend. Thanks.

Tim

Reply to
t_puls

stuck/broken

Hmm... Do you have an in-rad oil cooler?

Reply to
SBlackfoot