2004 Canyon 2.8L Question

Have said beast, pleased with it, 7,800KM so far.

Question though.

Sometimes when I start the vehicle, for 30 sec - 1 min I will get a loud sound as if a fan were running on high, goes away quickly, but makes me wonder whether I should be bringing it in to be checked or whether this is normal. Any ideas as to what causes this?

Reply to
Commentator

"Commentator"wrote

This is probably the fan clutch that you are hearing. Most vehicles with a viscous fan clutch exhibit this type of behaviour.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

What is the difference between the Canyon and the Colorado besides paying more? Isn't it the same truck or is there any difference between the two. TIA

Reply to
jj

I am not sure that there is any real difference other than the front end styling.

Reply to
Commentator

I was wondering if that might be it. Last vehicle I had with a mechanical fan was a direct connect, last bunch of years I have only had vehicles with electric fans.

Reply to
Commentator