can't get 4.3 TBI to start

Hi all. I swapped an 88 TBI 4.3 into my toyota and I can't get it to start up again. It was running before I pulled it so I know its capable. The only thing I did to the internals is change the valve guide seals, and have since readjusted the valves twice just to make sure. I redid the wiring with the stock harness and the thing will crank all day and never start. I have both spark and fuel and the ECM isn't storing any codes. I'm sure there's some stupid thing that I missed, and I hope someone out there can help me find it.

Thanks!

Reply to
dano0o0o

Are you 100% sure the distributor is pointing at #1 when #1 is at TDC? I've removed and reinstalled distributor 180 degrees out many times. And always felt stupid after...

Reply to
Augustus