Chevy Astro 2005

I'm thinking about getting a new one of these. Are they reliable at all. I've had GM's before but have had no luck with those. A 95 chevy blazer was a dog (bad antilock brakes -should be called antistop brakes, wiper motor, EGR valve x2, etc etc. Seems like there is no other option to this size cargo van. I've read the gas mileage is very bad??

Reply to
Charles Pisano

I'm thinking about getting a new one of these. Are they reliable at all. I've had GM's before but have had no luck with those. A 95 chevy blazer was a dog (bad antilock brakes -should be called antistop brakes, wiper motor, EGR valve x2, etc etc. Seems like there is no other option to this size cargo van. I've read the gas mileage is very bad??

Reply to
Scott

They are sure priced right now. I want the cargo version to trick out for camping. I almost got excited when I saw the Scion xb but soon realized it was just a funky looking car.

I swore I would never buy another GM. I guess I'll look around for a

2002 (compromise) or later as they have the disc brakes and hopefully the chevy sale will lower the value of the used ones as well. I sure see a lot of them on the road. And the owners look like they would not part with them. I'll have to do more asking in person.

How is your fuel pump holding out? I've read that they burn up if you let your gas tank constantly go low because the fuel cools them and they don't sit low enough inside the fuel to be cooled at all tank levels.

Reply to
Charles Pisano

Sorry..

Reply to
Charles Pisano

I doubt that this is the major cause of most fuel pump failures. In any event, fuel pumps in most GM vehicles are housed inside of a fuel "module" which is designed to pretty much have the fuel pump covered in fuel right to the bitter end.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai