chevy astro, noise in drivetrain

hi its me, the drivetrain in my astro makes a thunking noise when I press the gas, not when I'm stopped and press the gas but if I'm coasting @ 20mph and press on the gas. You think I should get it fixed? The previous owner says that its been making that noise since he can remember and its got 130k miles on it. I look under the car and I'm thinking its the joint in the rear. Maybe I can replace it myself? I've worked a bit on cars before, mostly suspension stuff though. I really like the van, it looks like a POS but its still pretty punchy and doesn't leak at all... plus I can put a mattress in the back hehehe.. im gonna give it a paint job soon too.. ;D

rem

Reply to
Sky

Probably your u-joints. Not a terribly difficult fix.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Check out