Drivetrain Noise?

re: 1997 SL-2 with 84,000 miles, standard trans

I'm hearing the engine more since I've pulled the radio for repair - Specifically mechanical noise I'm noticing while coasting down a hill, and in gear, (don't remember it being this loud before). If you give it some throttle the noise stops, or if you put the clutch in the noise goes away too.

So I'm thinking it's not the engine (timing chain), and is either the bearing on the clutch or maybe something in the transaxle.

I know this is a reach since I'm not providing any sounds, and I don't think it's urgent (or else I'd be at the dealer), but I am curious if anyone has some input?

TIA

Reply to
Jonnie Santos