Chevy S10 "pep"

Check the 3rd post on the thread.

Big Chris

Reply to
Big Chris

Sell it for something that comes with more power.

Reply to
Dave Richards

Ok... his truck has 120hp (not rwhp) stock.... I didn't realize it was THAT low. What would it take to get him to 200hp (not rwhp) level? I'm still thinking there's nothing short of engine replacement or forced induction to get him there though...

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 06:17:18 GMT, wrote something wonderfully witty:

To 200hp from 120hp without any type of charging, be it Turbo or Super, I just don't think is possible. A cam, some headers, free flowing exhaust & better intake will pep it up a bit, but not 80 ponies. Also, I don't think the stock tranny will hold up very well with to much of a HP increase.

In 1991, the 2WD GM's standard 2.5-liter inline-four gained 11 more horsepower (105 hp at 4800 rpm) through improvements to the intake manifold, cylinder head, camshaft profile, air induction system and other areas. These minor increases have continued through the years, but they are minor gains.

As to Turbo-Charging, I think that Subaru gets ~ 250hp by Turbocharging their 2.5. However, their engine is much more technologically advanced then the Chevy.

He might want to order this book, while it comes from a Motorcycle site, it covers all engines from V8 - I4's.

ZombyWoof

Selling the truck isn't an option. He's thinking about buying a 89-93 Mustang 5.0 though...

-Mike

Reply to
<memset