chevy silverado 2005 cruise control not working after installing Tail Lights

I installed a set of 2005 L.E.D. Chrome w/amber turn signal ALTEZZA EURO TAIL LIGHTS

all the rearlights work fine, but the cruise control stop working, I put the stocklights back in cruise works, any way to work around this and have thecruise work with the LEDs thanks

Reply to
tommy.miller

I haven't figured out the appeal of this "style" or look. Looks like something I would expect to see on a kids toy, cheap chintzy plastic chrome appearance. Now I am all for LED, they use less amperage, and last much longer, and generate way less heat.

If I had to make a guess, it has something to do with the fact the original taillights used the same bulb element and wiring circuit for brake and turn, and your new setup is incorporating some kind of circuitry to split the turn to the amber, and the brake to the red. I would imagine because the cruise is now ECM controlled, the ECM is looking for some kind of feed back from the brake light circuitry, resistance, something, to let it know the brake light circuit is good, and not seeing what it expects, is shutting the cruise off as a safety feature not knowing how to tell when the brakes have been applied to cut the cruise off. Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning