'95 YJ: Tail lights and dashboard lights not working

I am finding this very odd: Tail lights and dashboard lights not working??? The brake lights work fine, turn signals fine, hazzards fine, guages working but not lit, etc fine, headlights fine. Looked for a dashboard fuse and didn't see one. Any help much appreciated - even if you start with a flame.

- Shabby

Reply to
Shabby

Shabby did pass the time by typing:

I only start with a flame if she's still cute. ;)

Sounds like the lamp switch. How are the headlamps and front parking lamps?

The ZJ schemats I have arn't going to help much but I'd check all the fuses. Something in the ol brain is making me think the dash and possibly the wiper were on the same fuse?

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hmm, looking at fuse box by the brake pedal and I don't see one labeled dash? I did replace a tail light one but it wasn't the problem?

Reply to
Shabby

Wipers work still, but I will go and check all fuses again.

Frustrating....

Reply to
Shabby

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Look at the bottom center on fuse panel. It is a 20A fuse.

Mike

Shabby wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Blown fuse. The dash lights and the tail lights share the same fuse.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

OK, I may be getting close. In the bottom center there is a fuse that is encased in metal that says 5A-12V? Is this actualy a fuse? It looks very different than the other normal plastic fuses that say 5, 20, etc.???

Not sure if it is blown since its all a metal enclosure - is there a way to check?

Reply to
Shabby

Shabby did pass the time by typing:

Ohm it out if you have an ohmmeter. Usually the all metal ones are self reseting breakers. They do go bad though. You could go pick up a spare. Worse off you have a spare. I keep spares for all the fuses and bulbs. If I ever sell the ZJ, like the Chevy, the stuff goes with it to make for a better sale and clear the crap..er.. spares.. out of my garage. :)

Reply to
DougW

Bummer. I checked every fuse under the dash and they all are fine.

Is there any sense in checking the fuses by the battery under the hood?

Reply to
Shabby

Shabby did pass the time by typing:

I would check every fuse. Can't hurt.

Reply to
DougW

My CJ has an empty slot there. The first 'fuse' up is a 20 amp for the tail lights.

Mike

Shabby wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain