Colorado Ting noise

05 Colorado.. Once I park it after its been running 15 mins on the way to work (Or any short drive) I get this ting, ping like someone thru a pebble and it hit a piece of metal under the truck. muffler area. A friend said its a heat shield that is the problem.

I called the chev dealer and he said its normal. "Normal" ? I've own a few cars and trucks in my life and this is the 1st time I've heard this. And this Is normal ?

Anyone going thru this with there's ? Did the dealership fix it ?

TIA.

Reply to
Kevin

Robert Ball

It's normal.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

This has been going on since cars have been made I think. I admit it happens more readily on newer vehicles then rusted hulks like mine. Once you identify that sound it should not bother you thereafter.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Funny, 1st time I've ever heard it was on this truck. My other truck 4x4 Toyota does not do it. And I bought it new in 01 Took it to a dealer Monday for a oil change, After it was parked about 1 min a guy came to ask me how I liked my truck. Before I could say the 1st word the guy asked me what was that noise ? I told him, the man walked over to the service guy and said you cant fix that noise ? the guy said no. He then walks up to his son which was buying two Colorado's one for him and his wife and told him about the sounds. He told the dealership no thanks and left. But the salesmen was telling him ohh they can fix that.

Reply to
Kevin

Reply to
Robert Ball