daytime running lights

I have a '97 gmc sierra, and my daytime running lights quit working about 2 months ago, then suddenly came back for a couple of weeks. They have left me again a few days back. My dad has a 96 chevy Z71, and his running lights quit recently. Any suggestions out there? Dale.

Reply to
Dale C.

Paul

usually the lights are not activated until the parking brake is released. there is a switch there that may not be fully closing/opening. try pulling on the parking brake to get it fully home and see if the drl turn on. just a suggestion, i haven't had experience on this

Reply to
Rick De Visser

check the relay that controls the running lights, it might be sticking.

Reply to
Mike D

I have a 99 silverado and my sister has the same. We both have to replace the running light bulbs about every 6 months. There is a problem with them from gmc, water/moisture gets in and frys the bulbs. My solution...go without running lights! Just my opinion.

Reply to
Billy Boy