driveshaft

if there is something wrong witht the driveshaft, what kind of symtoms can one expect?

Reply to
Dilbert Firestorm

My experience in my 98 Sonoma was a shuttering, that feels something like a rumble strip, that would increase and decrease with the speed.

Reply to
Eve L Dewer

horrible vibration that will get worse progressively with speed. If its a u joint problem the vibration can change when you give it gas and let off the gas.

Reply to
ShoeSalesman

Once, when driving slowly over a bridge at the Landfill site I could hear and squeaking that had the same rythym as what I imagined the driveshaft would have at that speed. It WAS a u-joint bearing gone.

- Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl