Error code 43 on a 1995 van with a 350 again

I just put in a new tranny in this van and while I had the shop who rebuilt the tranny checking it on the computer he was getting error code 43. I found this-->you are getting a code 43 so you either have a faulty knock sensor, faulty ESC controller, or faulty ECM. My question is where will I find the first 2 items on this engine? I would start with them as the ecm will probably be the most expensive. Any help would be great! Thank's! Thank you but first answer wasn't much help...didn't answer what I was asking...

Reply to
Ray

rebuilt the tranny checking it on the computer

you either have a

is where will I find the first

be the most expensive.

help...didn't answer what I was asking...

Let me try to help. First of all, don't start throwing parts at it. Get a service manual and follow the steps. This is the best way to solve your problem. Other than that, take it to an honest shop. If you can find one:)

Al

Reply to
Big Al

wrote in news:eRX6h.164342$ snipped-for-privacy@fe12.news.easynews.com:

knock sensor = cheapest / spark control = cheaper than ECM but still pricey / if you continue on your diagnostic travels with your current thoughts of purchasing part after part you will end up with a parts salesperson following you around like a puppy!...........ooh, and you still may have MIL on.

Reply to
KjunRaven

I just pulled a code 43 out of my 1990 Suburban and it was caused by a bad connector at theknock sensor (and I'll be damned if I can locate a replacement). But, like the man said, go with the easiest/cheapest fix potential first. You can probably forget about the ECM because your problem is most likely in the engine bay. BTW check the wiring to the knock sensor because on some engines, it can get damaged easily.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Error code 43 on a 1995 van with a 350 again Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Thu, Nov 16, 2006, 11:21am (EST+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@somedomain.com.invalid () I just put in a new tranny in this van and while I had the shop who rebuilt the tranny checking it on the computer he was getting error code

  1. I found this-->you are getting a code 43 so you either have a faulty knock sensor, faulty ESC controller, or faulty ECM. =A0 My question is where will I find the first =A0=A02 items on this engine? I would start with them as the ecm will probably be the most expensive. Any help would be great! Thank's! Thank you but first answer wasn't much help...didn't answer what I was asking...

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "Sometimes, it is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." ~ Unknown ~

Reply to
Rich B