Problem with Escort 1.8D Van Immobilizer

Hi is there anyone out there who can help me. My van died on me on the way back from London. At first i thought i had stalled, so started again and as pulling off it cut out again. I pushed it to the side of the road and tried again, this time it started and then cut out, and then would not turn over. I ended up getting RAC out and after having no joy, i was taken home with the van,. I have bypassed it to make sure it was still turning over which it is, but there is know diesil getting through, so my own guess is that there is a problem with the immobilizer. i have since noticed that the red led is flashing inside when i try to start it. If anyone has have this same problem or could give me some tips please help. many thanks Keith.

Reply to
keith

After turning on the ignition the led should come on for 3 - 5 seconds then go out, if it flashes at regular intervals for a minute the flashes at irregular intervals then the key code has not been recognised.

There may just be a malfunction or the pickup may have failed.

If you have the original red master key then try that first. If you don't have a master key then you need to get a dealer to sort that out.

If you have the red master key and that works then your other key can be reprogrammed at home.

If the red key doesn't work then the pickup or its wiring are likely suspects

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks for your reply, i have now got the battery charging, so tomorrow i will start taking the cover of the ignition as i only have the one key which is the master key. i gather the pickup is the black thing which sits around the ignition barrel, thanks for help, Keith.

Reply to
keith

For what its worth, I had exactly the same problem with an escort diesel hatchback.Finally traced the problem to a broken wire in the multiconnector that feeds the diesel injection pump.

Reply to
harv