first timer (almost)

I just bought my first GMC and my first GM product in 35 years. After an exhaustive search, we purchased a 2004 GMC C-3500 dually 2wd with the mighty Vortec 8100. BUT the question I have after all this research is that I still don't understand the difference in the "C" and the "K" designations.

thanks for all input,

Reply to
Steve Barker

"C" is a two wheel drive truck and "K" is a four wheel drive truck.

Brian

Reply to
diablo

Thanks for the reply! I googled the question and actually just found the answer myself. Amazing. I've been in the automotive industry for a hundred years and never knew that.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Feel sorry for ya! In an addtion the "GMC" designation means extra $4000 just for that emblem instead of the standard Chevy one.

Reply to
GeekBoy

Yes, I found that out when I priced new. BUT we were looking for something that is not easy to find in these yuppified days. A LONG bed AND a 2wd AND a big GAS engine. The yuppies have turned the truck market into a joke.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Enjoy the 7-9 mpg there....

Reply to
Augustus

That's why I got diesel and get 21 highway, 18 city and 14.5 while towing on highway.

Reply to
GeekBoy

That's why you look at the DC trucks instead.

Reply to
GeekBoy

Will do. Thanks.

Reply to
Steve Barker

That's why Chevy has the HD series pickups, so that everyone is happy.

Brian

Reply to
diablo

towing what??? A waverunner?

Reply to
Steve Barker

DC?

Reply to
Steve Barker

Yes, the problem is finding a used one. Around here, all you can find is yuppified crewcab,shortbox (useless),diesel(expensive to buy and operate),4x4's(not needed).

Reply to
Steve Barker

Then you would get 20MPG and not have to replace vehicle for 500k miles.

Reply to
GeekBoy

Daimler-Chrysler

Reply to
GeekBoy

Maybe in another lifetime. Talk about junk.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Ahhh, I see. I would agree most folks that would buy a HD series truck are going to drive / use it until it's well worn out. They could be difficult to find used for sure.

Brian

Reply to
diablo

Junk?

Odd, as my brother-in-law is a chevy fan. Cheby trucks, suburbans, cameros, etc. I really don't know why as each one of them have been in the shop enough times to buy new vehicle for major problems. Now that is junk.

While my DC vehicles only get the shop once for minor problems during the time I have them.

Reply to
GeekBoy

Andhere ya go:

This guy starts off talking highly of his 'Dura'Max, but as time progresses talks highly of Cummins because his Duramax cannot compete against that "junk."

Reply to
GeekBoy

Steve, The difference is 2 WD = C and 4 WD = K

Sounds like you bought a great truck!

Reply to
TPBeach