Fuel Filter - 99 Blazer

I replaced the fuel filter last week on my Blazer, now my gas gauge is not registering the correct amount of fuel. I could have half a tank and it registers almost full. Any ideas??

RC

Reply to
Rolando

You damaged the wire to the tank?

Reply to
HRL

Reply to
Rolando

The wire to the tank. I don't know off hand which way you get full scale reading. Either shorted or open. Also I don't know if the wire runs in the vicinity of the fuel filter. Just a wild guess.

Reply to
HRL

Did some looking around. Do a Google search on GM fuel gauge:

It appears that GM gauges read full scale when the wire is open The wire is right close to the filter. Maybe it just came unplugged:

HRL