Fuel Pump

A friend has a 1998 S-10, the fuel pump went bad. They want around $300.00 for a fuel pump. Chevy changed the pumps in 1995, up till then You could buy the pump (for around $40.00) without buying the whole unit (pump and Fuel Gauge) Is there a way to get around paying the $300.00 to get fuel to the injectors ? Thanks for any Info.

Reply to
Jessy Games

they have aftermarket pumps that fit like GM parts. About 100 $

Reply to
Randd01

Check out a junk yard, fuel gage in my s10 went bad and I replaced it after I found out that you can replace just the part itself, check with your dealership. Or give my the vin # of your truck along with engine size and transmission type. I'll ask my friend at the dealership, they would be able to let you know.

Reply to
Kiel Uyttenhove