gear ratio

What gear ratio came in the base 1995 chevy K1500 WT with long box regular cab 4.3 L V6; 3.08, 3.42 or 3.73?

Reply to
Ringer

3.73 is standard on that truck, I believe. Eazy to find out which yours came with.. Check your axle code
Reply to
clare

I'm not a mechanic, does this require me crawling under the truck and finding a stamp? I can do it but I posted here hoping not to. Thanks.

Reply to
Ringer

There will be an RPO code on the "service parts identification" label on the door posr or glove box. The F, G, or H codes identify the axle.

GQ1 -- AXLE REAR, STD RATIO GT4 -- AXLE REAR, 3.73 RATIO GT5 -- AXLE REAR, 4.10 RATIO GU4 -- AXLE REAR, 3.08 RATIO GU5 -- AXLE REAR, 3.23 RATIO GU6 -- AXLE REAR, 3.42 RATIO G80 -- AXLE REAR, LIMITED SLIP (POSITRACTION)

HC4 -- AXLE REAR, 4.56 RATIO

That code list tells you what colour, what wheels, what GVW, all the different options on your vehicle.

Reply to
clare

Thanks. The glove box had a bunch of groups of 3 numbers and letters, mostly faded, but one did show GT4.

Reply to
Ringer