hazard lights inop 1998 chevy s10 blazer

as stated a 1998 Chevy Blazer S-10 my 4 way flashers are inop also my 2 rear brake lights also inop the rear center top brake light is working along with
both left and right turn signals front and back
Jeff from PA wrote:

Common failure item is the hazard actuator. This piece:
http://dgzmd7u6z2by7.cloudfront.net/partimage/ZMX/1AZMX00093/large.JPG
It simply snaps into place. The contacts carry the brake and turn signal power. They get dirty and that creates resistance which then creates heat and the areas that support the contacts melt.
DORMAN Part # 924608 Should be the one you need.
To replace it is simple, Take a pair of pliers and grab the top of the button. Pull straight up. The entire thing will come free and pull out. Orient the new one the same way and push it in till it snaps in.
--
Steve W.

On 6/8/2015 11:32 AM, Steve W. wrote:

Had same problem. Mine was the turn signal switch. Which I think, included the 4way.

It will be one or the other.On many vehicles they are one and the same - and sometimes with the separtely replaceable hazard switch, the overheating of that switch damages the directional switch which it plugs into, so you end up replacing both (generally as a unit)