hazard lights inop 1998 chevy s10 blazer

as stated a 1998 Chevy Blazer S-10 my 4 way flashers are inop also my 2 rear brake lights also inop the rear center top brake light is working along with both left and right turn signals front and back

Reply to
Jeff from PA

Common failure item is the hazard actuator. This piece:

It simply snaps into place. The contacts carry the brake and turn signal power. They get dirty and that creates resistance which then creates heat and the areas that support the contacts melt.

DORMAN Part # 924608 Should be the one you need.

To replace it is simple, Take a pair of pliers and grab the top of the button. Pull straight up. The entire thing will come free and pull out. Orient the new one the same way and push it in till it snaps in.

Reply to
Steve W.

Had same problem. Mine was the turn signal switch. Which I think, included the 4way.

Reply to
bilz2765

Reply to
clare