Transmission clutch?

I just finished installing the 350 TBI engine back into a 95 chevy k1500. I still need to replace the 4.3 ecm prom and the injectors. Driving the truck in 1st it jerks as you are going down the road. Same in reverse. A friend told me the clutch plate may have a hot spot in it. This is the same clutch plate that had no problems before I put the engine back in. I put in a new slave cylinder to replace the one that was leaking. I haven't did the timing yet as I was waiting for the ecm prom and injectors. The idle is low and will stall but it did that before. I sure don't want to pull the transmission and bell housing now that I have got everything back together and I can't find anything on the internet that says the clutch plate would cause that.

Reply to
Ringer

Hot spot or hard spot, or any other clutch problem will NOT manifest itself when driving in gear. It would only cause a shudder while engaging the clutch - by your description you have your foot off the clutch driving in low gear. Any surge there would be an engine tuning problem.

I think you are safe to assume the clutch is NOT the problem

Reply to
clare

Thanks. I'm afraid I'm panicking a bit. I went ahead and did the timing and everything works a lot better. I got the memcal and injectors in last night. When the guy told me he thought it was a hot spot, after all the time, effort and money put into it, I only saw more time, effort and money going into it.

Reply to
Ringer

When you ask someone who doesn't know anything, all you get as a poorly formed opinion or an uneducated guess - neither of which is worth anything.

Reply to
clare