Head gasket, engine shot or maybe just the o2 sensor

Hello, Chevy S10 1996 4Cyl 2.2L 130000km. I recently noticed an exhaust leak turns out its the gasket between the manifold and the exhaust pipe. Before I had a chance to fix it the enigine started shaking like crazy. I also notcied the o2 sensor at the front is damaged. Changed the spark plugs noticed the first one barely had a gap. It reduced the shaking but not entirely and still lacked power.

Brought it to the dealer this is the diagnostic;

scan for codes p0301 missfire cyl1, p0302 missfire cyl2 p1133 o2 sensor

cross count B1, S1 too few missfire code-check for spark on 1&2 ok check compression Cyl 1 0psi Cyl2 25psi cyl3 125psi cyl4 150psi-engine will have to come appart possible head gasket.

I got a second opinion engine is shot.

I live up North close to Alaska and not to many places are available, I

heard similar stories where it was the o2 sensor, whats your take on this?

Thx.

Reply to
CA

You have two cylinders with no compression supported by the matching missfire codes. You also have an O2 sensor problem. The two are not related, replacing the O2 sensor will not restore compression to cylinders 1 and 2.

Reply to
aarcuda69062