Headlight switch removal-2000 S-10

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to remove the headlight switch/brightness control from the dash without damaging the dash?

It's a 2000 S-10. The switch for the interior light is bad and I didn't want to damage anything by trying to take it out wrong.

Thanks

Herb

Reply to
HPGrn

There's a bit of dis-assembly needed. Not sure if it can be done with a shortcut.

Set the e-brake, move the gearshift to the lowest position and lower the column to its lowest position. There's a 7mm hex-head screw in the top of the gauge pod, that needs to come out, regardless of the procedure. The shortcut is to pull the bezel away at this point and see if you can pop the switch out. I'm going to assume you can't.

There are about 10 of those 7mm screws that need to come out. I pull the whole insulator panel out from the driver's footwell. Then the knee bolster panel needs to come out, all for access to the lower screws on the bezel. Remove those next, I think there's 3 or 4. The whole bezel should pop off now. BE VERY CAUTIOUS of the hazard switch, it WILL break if you hit it with the bezel.

Probably only takes about 15 mins if you find all the screws.

Reply to
Mike Levy