95 Pontiac Bonneville headlight switch

I have a 95 Pontiac Bonneville. The tail and dash lights went out. A mechanic told me the headlight switch was going bad and it was only a matter of time before the headlights themselves stopped working. I purchased the switch but have NO idea how to begin to install it. Does anyone have any experience with the installation of the headlight switch?????

Reply to
sheenagirl

You cannot replace the switch.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Do you mean "I" cannot replace it and that I need to take my car to an experienced mechanic or it can't be replaced? I'm confused.... I would think that if it couldn't be replaced they would not sell replacement switches.

Reply to
sheenagirl

CAUTION Many vehicles are equipped with SIR or air bag systems. Before performing any diagnosis or repair procedures, you must follow all safety and disarming procedures. Failure to safely disable the system may result in air bag deployment, possible injury or unnecessary repairs.

Reply to
FBR

Thanks, but my car is the pull out type switch mounted on the dash board on the left side of the steering wheel. Any directions on that type???

Reply to
sheenagirl

On my 91 you needed to pull the woodgrain dash trim panel off first. Two srews held the switch in place, then unplug it from the wire harness. Its that simple.

If you have some type of dash trim it more or less pulls off.

Good luck

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 33,550 91 Bonneville LE 305,454
Reply to
Harry Face