Help: 2003 Silverado Instrument Failure

This truck has about 32k on it. Twice in the last few weeks at random, when I would start the truck, I'd have no instrument cluster except the engine symbol when cranking and back lights. After some (20-40 minutes) drive time, the cluster would suddenly come on in "start-up" mode and remain fine until I turned the engine off.

The most recent occurrence (today) was similar, except that I had a few random pixels of the larger VFD on, even with the ignition off. I eventually located the supply fuse for the cluster and pulled it (ignition off), killing the VFD. Upon re-installing the fuse, the random pixels did not return, but I still had no instrumentation.

Does anyone have any guidance or knowledge they could share?

Reply to
Mark

There isn't a lot going to the cluster now since its all controlled by the class 2 bus. Go here and get the 2003 and up schematics and the cluster connections are on P 107. Notice on the right there are a couple fuses, maybe one is blown but not the other so some things work or maybe a bad ground, other than that you may need a new cluster.

Reply to
Eugene Nine