HELP - Gauges go off and on

I have a 1995 Chevy G30 Van.

The complete set of gauges go off sometimes for a day or two - then they flick on and stay on a while.

All the gauges go at once - speedo - odometer - gas - battery - temp - oil pressure.

I checked the fuses - they are fine.

Everything else works - turn signals - wipers - headlights - etc

Reply to
Harry Everhart

Bad Ground? dirty contacts on gauge connector??

temp -

Reply to
Drooler

Thank you for the help with my gauges going on and off.

I took out the gauge panel and to my surprise - there was no speedometer cable anymore. I guess it is all electronic now. I was used to working with a big dirty speedometer cable on all my other old cars.

The gauges are all working fine now. I cleaned off the contacts on the gauge connector like you said - and still had the problem - but I did notice that when I twisted the connector I noticed the gauges went on and off. The gauge connector only fitted loosely. I made a small shim to make the contact between the printed circuit board and the gauge connector tight - and now the gauges work all the time - even when I twist the gauge connector plug.

I cleaned off all the contacts and put some electromotive grease on them.

It should be fine now.

Thanks.

Reply to
Harry Everhart