Future GC problems?

Have a 98 3.3L Grand Caravan apex 230,000 Km's Runs well with no codes or lights, usually. Get in the thing this morning , start it up, runs great and pull away, look down and there is a antilock light on and nothing else. By that I mean nothing, not even the odometer, Speedo, tach, or other gauges, which are all analog. Drove approx 20 minutes and stopped that van. Before starting it again I checked all the fuses under the hood and pushed them all in, some moved a bit but not enough to think that they were not contacting. Figured that I would take a look at the fuses under that dash if that did not work, got in and started it up and everything works again and has not been a problem since. ??? Pending problems or just a fluke? Did not think that the relays/fuses under the hood had anything to do with the dash, but... Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help..

Reply to
Dave and cindy

My wife had a similar problem with our 1992 Dodge Caravan. She started up the car and almost nothing electrical worked. Power Windows, blower motor, instruments, etc. Not wanting to be deterred from her trip to the grocery store, she drove it that way. When she came back to the car after shopping, it started and everything worked again. That was several years ago and it hasn't happened since. My best guess is it had something to do with the ignition switch.

Reply to
Don in San Antonio

Thanks, I hope so...

Dave

Reply to
Dave and cindy

I have a friend who had a similar problem with an older Grand Caravan (a 1994 model) and it ended up being "the body computer." The parts replaced were Part No. 4773075 Circuit Board Assy. and 4686531 Body Computer.

Don

Dave and c> Thanks, I hope so...

Reply to
Don