Gauges not working: Oil pressure, engine temp, fuel

Installed new FLT automatic tranny. Installed Kooks headers, with MSD wires, and new spark plugs. (150k miles 1995 Camaro Z28 (LT1), original O2 sensors).

She starts up fine - let her idle for 5 minutes, not a heartbeat missing.

The "Check Gauges" light on the dash is on and the oil pressure, engine temp, and fuel gauges are all wacked out:

  • Oil pressure - no reading or movement
  • Engine temp - no reading or movement
  • Fuel gauge - shows "more than full"

I've checked all their wires and they are all connected and there are no breaks. I've checked the ohms for the engine temp sensor and it is within tolerance. I've not disconnected ANY of these wires or sensors during the header and tranny swap-out.

All else works fine - Meziere electric water pump, alternator gauge reads normal, headlights, blinkers, dash lights, horn, etc all work. Engine purrs and revs nicely.

Any ideas?

Reply to
calder.cay

Did you check for blown fuses ? Also, did you forget a ground wire that may have been disconected during the trans swap ? Any ground wires disturbed during header install ?

Reply to
Mike

Had checked all fuses and sensor connections, but did not check ground straps/wires. I will do that today - might be a good idea to clean those connections, anyway. Thanks!

Reply to
calder.cay