How do I replace parking lamps and sidemarker lamps on 2004 Express Van?

I own a 2004 Chevy Express Van and several parking lamps and sidemarker lamps need to be replaced. This van has a horizontal lens cover that has no screws for removing the lens. I cannot reach the bulbs from either the top or the bottom of the vehicle. I looks like something has to be removed in order to reach the bulbs. Does anybody know how these bulbs are replaced? Any help will be appreciated.

Reply to
Anthony B

Still have the owner's manual?

Marv

Reply to
MTV

I have the owner's manual, but the manual does NOT explain how to get to the bulbs. FYI, I looked at the chassis shop manual for this vehicle, and the manual was not updated for the new design improvements for the

2004 model year. 2004 was the first year that the Chevy van switched to distributorless ignition, and the shop manual still had instructions for the old, obsolete distributor ignition system. The 2004 shop manual also did NOT update to the new chassis, bumper, and electrical system for the '04 model year. Very frequently, GM makes design improvements to its vehicles, and the changes are NOT updated in the owner's manual and chassis shop manual. In other words, the vehicle is new, but the manuals are out of date.
Reply to
Anthony B

There may be a metal latch between the metal frame and the headlamp bucket. This can be pulled off the the center of the grill is clipped in and could be removed. Have a look at the top of the headlamp assembly with the hood open and see if you can find anything even remotely resembling my description. I recently had to pull the headlight buckets out of a 03 trailblazer and that's how they were held in. Latches and the chevy grill ornament.

Reply to
A. Baum

Visit a Chevy dealer and ask a mechanic, or guy in the parts dept where you would also probably buy a replacement bulb, or lamp?

Reply to
MTV