wiper not parking and staying on widshiled

I have a 2001 Chevy Venture mini-van. I have an ongoing issue with wiperblades not parking correctly. When using intermitten delay, the wipers stay in an upright position on the windshield. The wipers should rest at the bottom of window.

"Mechanic shop" has replaced the wiper motor several different times, the "plate mechanism" that attaches to the wiper motor has been replaced, and he has made other adjustments.

He now wants to replace the wiper transmission but I believe this is not the issue because he can not explain why he wants to replace the transmission.

Has anyone had this issue before and if so how did you fix it? Thanks

Reply to
Tom20

wp23

Try this:

Turn the ignition on, engine off. Put wipers on "HI" then to "OFF". If the wipers won't park, unplug the wiper switch and see if they park. If they do, replace the switch. If they don't, there may be a short somewhere, or mechanical binding.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie