How do you disable the 2007 silverado seat belt chime?

Just purchased 2007 silverado crew cab truck for use around my farm. Does anyone know how to disable the seat belt reminder? I understand
the need to encourage seat belt usage during regular driving but this thing is driving me nuts when I am just going a couple hundred feet between each of the pest stations that I am checking.
I would rather disable it through normal means then having to fiddle with the wiring under the seat.
Hi!

My first suggestion would be to read the manual for your truck and see if it has any suggestions or procedures to follow. I'd guess that finding a factory provided method to turn the chime off is unlikely, but you never know.

If there is no official method, this is probably the easiest way. Anything else is likely to involve revising the programming of the computer that runs the chime. I don't think these new trucks have a dedicated chime box any longer...which would rule out simply cutting the power to that part alone. (Even on my '03 S-10, the chime box looks to be part of another unit with a big chunk of wiring running into it. Fortunately, it knows when to quit with the seatbelt reminder...about ten seconds after the key goes on, it stops. Only a flashing indicator light remains after that. That goes away too after a few minutes.)
There won't be much fiddling involved. All you should have to do is short the contacts of the wiring connector under the seat and you're done.
I can't say that I'm a big fan of these vehicles that won't rest until you've put the seatbelt on, or at least made the vehicle "think" that you did. (Yes, I do wear my seatbelt when traveling. But sometimes--when you're only going around a piece of private property or something--there's just no need to use it.)
William
On Apr 22, 1:59 pm, "William R. Walsh"

Thank you. I'll have to pull out some of my electronics gear to see if the seat belt wiring triggers off of an electrical signal or the absence of an electrical signal.
All you have to pull out is the owners manual. Jeeeeze.....
--
Steve Barker

Unless there are multiple versions of the manual I don't think you are correct.
owners manual is not going to tell you that! come on man

-
Mine does. Want a scan of the page?
--
Steve Barker

"Steven" < snipped-for-privacy@cebridge.net> wrote in message
Your owner's manual tells you if the seat belt wiring triggers off of an electrical signal or the absence of an electrical signal... I'd like to see a scan.

No, the manual tells how to disable the chime. That's all I meant.
--
Steve Barker

"jrk" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Dead easy. Replace the factory stereo, do not use a relocation harness or the GMRC(?) chime box. This will, however, get rid of all chimes. But at least it will not result in mangled wiring anywhere, and can be reversed any time you want.
The procedure is outlined in the owners manual. I'm surprised you missed it when you read it.
--
Steve Barker

I see lots of suggestions on reading the manual. Is it really there? I don't know. If I wanted to temporarily disable my chime in my vehicle (2006 Silverado), or any vehicle for that matter, I would just fasten the seatbelt before I sat down.
Sometime when we look real hard, the simple solution is missed.
Good luck JAW

Fasten the seatbelt BEFORE sitting down?? How does that work? All this will accomplish uis having a total idiot sitting on the wrong side of the belt.

The original post indicated that he wanted the seatbelt warning to stop. If the seatbelt is connected then there is no warning. If you need it active again, because you are going out on the road, then you can use the seatbelt as it was originally intended. As far as being an idiot sitting on the wrong side of the belt, I wouldn't say that. It would be more like someone avoiding the warning. Maybe with this explanation you will know the answer to "How does that work?"