How up-to-date is Alldata DIY?

Is it worth a subscription?

Reply to
Commentator

I bought a subscripton for my wife's Kia Sedona (please, no jokes) on Alldata only because Kia's Tech site suddenly requires a subscripton after being free for years. The info there is quite limited and what illustrations they do have suck @$$. May be different for a GM product, though.

Cheers, KB

Reply to
KB

I half suspected that. mycarstats.com lists more TSB's that the free Alldata, but they only list titles like the free Alldata. I did not know if an Alldata subscription would give fuller coverage, but it sounds like not.

Any other alternatives out there that I have missed?

Reply to
Commentator

Looks like All-Data adds info as it is requested thru their professional channels. Data on my 2002 GMC Envoy and wifes 2000 Miata is very limited. If you're looking for GM info, your better off buying a Si2000 CD set from eBay.

Save your money on All-Data

My 2c

Reply to
Paul Proefrock

What are you referring to? The only thing I could find on eBay with Si2000 or "Si 2000" in the name was some sort of Mazda.

Thanks.

Reply to
scrape

The GM Service Manual system is referred to as SI2000.

This is a link to an auction for a set:

If the link doesn't work, search for "GM CD" on ebay and you'll find them.

Reply to
Paul Proefrock

Thanks a lot. I appreciate it.

Reply to