Idle problem 03 Trailblazer

When the air conditioner compressor kicks in, the idle drops below 400 RPM. It appears that the computer figures out the engine is about to stall then throttles up instead of kicking the idle up as soon as the compressor clutch engages. This lag results in an up/down idle and usually results in a stall. There is no lag when I step on the pedal. I noticed this problem after I replaced the battery. 60k miles, engine runs perfectly otherwise and the air works fine.

Ideas?

Reply to
Meat Plow

how long has the new battery been in? Also are you absolutely sure it's fully charged? jp

Reply to
blazerman

Been in 5 days, fully charged. Alternator puts out 90 amps at 600 RPM.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Clean the throttlebody... Unplug Battery for 30 minutes......

The Computer is trying to relearn since the battery replacement. Common problem with a dirty throttle body. Search here for more details:

topprolmc

Cool. I thought it had something to do with the ECU trying to relearn something but didn't realize the TB could be involved. I might try to disconnect the battery for 30 minutes without cleaning the TB because I failed to mention that I may have caused this when I installed the battery. I jumped when I reconnected the positive terminal because I had the door locked and the alarm (horn) went off.

Reply to
Meat Plow