Idle problem

My 2001 Tahoe idles very rough. Once a second the tach drops from about 1000 rpm to 500. It's very noticable. Sometimes it'll stall too. Turning off the A/C helps. What could this be? I have no other problems with this car.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Nobody in particular

You really need to get the computer codes read. It could be a lot of things.

Brian

Reply to
NoSpam

Reply to
Nobody in particular

Well as I said it could be a lot of things from a major vacuum leak to a bad fuel pressure regulator. If you don't like the report that the garage gives you or it seams extremely high in cost get a second opinion. Or once you get the results of the analysis post back here. There's lots of talent here that can tell you if it's a feasible issue.

Brian

Reply to
NoSpam

Not sure if this applies, but ...if so equipped.. it could be a throttle position sensor (maybe named something else on your truck). If it was just a rough idle I'd suspect ignition wires and/or spark plugs.. but that wouldn't cause an RPM drop like that. First thing I'd look at is the TPS. HTH.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset