Intake manifold gasket replacement

A week or so ago, I had the intake manifold gasket replaced on my 1997 5.7 liter V-8 C-1500. The garage replaced the serpentine belt tensioner with the
claim that it was a good thing to do because the OEM tensioners fail and, horrors, go into the radiator. It seemed like a good reason. However, the job has turned into a nightmare. The timing was not set properly, so a warning light came on and they worked on it four hors to set the timing. It's anybody's guess if they did it properly. Then yesterday, I smelled gas, pulled over, looked under the hood and saw the top of the intake manifold wet with gas. So, the garage sent a wrecker to tow it to find and fix the leak. Could have been really serious. Any comments?
Find a better repair station or bite the bullet and go to a dealer.
George Del Monte wrote:

Not really, other then "shit happens" sometimes. It's too bad it took them so long to set the timing.....they probably aren't aware of the procedure on these engines. Hopefully nothing else goes wrong.
Ian