Is GMC Gremlin insane?

1970's GM 3/4 ton long bed truck Rust bucket - but he says "there isn't much until it could be put on the road" == LIE but anyways;

Supposed to have a 350 crate with under 20K Has a DANA 44 up front and a corporate 14 bolt FF in rear.

3 inch lift springs up front, 4" blocks in back. SM465 NP205

Guy wants $1,000 - guy's cousin says he'd sell it for $700

I would like it for $500 or under

A 14 bolt for me, a nice 44 for me, and an NP205 plus an NP203 that he has = ORD off road doubler A 350 crate to turn into a stroker, and leave my 350 stock so if something blows I still have a good engine

I dunno... enough said anyone think I have a lick of logic in my head? Trucks been sittin on a very well traveled highway for a few weeks.....

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

offer him 350 for it

if it's been sitting that long, it's a basket case

where exactly is it ?

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Just spammin it on over to the other NG as always... forgot to originally....

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

Deerfield NH Why?

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

well, hell, I'm always looking for 'projects'

after the 76 Camper Special to 6.5 Turbo-Diesel + 700 R4 conversion

and the Holley FI on the old 84 Dodge B-350 Maxi-Van ( a.k.a. 'The Beast')

and the new 16 x 33 ft addition to the house

and the 6 Fisher Tube Stereo Receivers, 4 Ampex Reel-to-Reel tape machines, and a couple dozen antique pieces of electronic test equipment to restore,

I might need something to occupy my time !

Reply to
TranSurgeon

It's worth the smallest amount of cash he takes:

When you wave it in his face!

If it's sitting, it's no good to him!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

Do they make a 14 bole corporate front axle?

What does the FF stand for, Full Floater?

Thank you,

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

Nope, I'm sure someone's made a bastard 14 bolt rear into a front axle though.

Yessir....

Do you think I should even think about it?

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

don't think so

yup

Reply to
TranSurgeon

That's what I was guessing. Cuzin you've been so nice to me in the past I told you, but I'm paranoid someone from my neck of the woods will try to steal it from me.

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

no worries

NH to IL is too far......................

Reply to
TranSurgeon

I knew you were too far, why I also told you :-) The truck is definitely ROUGH!

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

Biggest front axle in a GM pickup is the Dana 60F used in the one ton 4X4's late 70 and through the 80's.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

There is someone here in Calgary that has done exactly that.......... 14 bolts front and rear. I've seen it with my own eyes. But absolutely bastardized.

Reply to
Demon

Is the pumpkin in the middle (since it's so far off the ground) or did he make it offset to one side?

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey

What do you mean by "since it's so far off the ground" Sarcasm or what? It was not in a biggass truck, actually it was not in a truck at all. It was a car converted to 4wd, 14bolts front and rear

It actually looked to be upside down, so a kind of custom high pinion. I don't know the specifics of it, I don't know the owner, I just saw it. Looked to be passenger side offset.

Reply to
Demon

No sarcasm, I just wanted to know if it was in the center because I had assumed it would be very far from the engine and need no offset. I believe the bronco on Monster Garage was like that....

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

If it's that big assed Spicer I saw:

I'd go for it in a heart beat!

It's beefier than a Dana 60, as big as a Dana 70 and some people were saying easy to get disk break conversion parts for?

Go for it, with all the Dana's I've done gears on, and the Spicer's I've done gears on. I'd take the spicer over the Dana for a non race application any day.

Refinish King

PS I wonder where you could get axles to make a 14 bolt into a front, if it is in fact a Spicer? (Dana owns Spicer now)

Reply to
Refinish King

Thank you Sir!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

Thanks,

Those are getting as hard to find, as straight people in Sanfrancisco!

Refinish King

PS Is the Spicer front on a Chevy one ton 4X4 strong enough for a tow truck?

Reply to
Refinish King