Now In the Gremlin's Possession, Formerly: Re: Purchasing a DANA 60 rear axle.

DANA 44 front axle: $20.00 Gas: On way home from work, $0.00
DANA 60 Rear axle: $80.00 Rear floor for a Blazer from the 6" rise back including tail pan: $225.00
Gas: $40.00
DANA 44: Rusted to one side. Can't get the knuckles to bend. Rotors, probably calipers... Ball joints? ETC..... Supposed to have 4.11's in it, can't get the carrier to turn so I hasn't a clue... One side of the ring's teeth have a 'burr' on it, purdy sharp... Not blue however. Rust on the axle isn't bad, (no scale, front axle so it got leaked on) so I may be able to get it to move yet. Spicer manual hubs, 8 lug.
DANA 60: Found the markings 41-13 (IIRC) on the ring. I would assume this is the count of the ring & pinion (respectively) which would be 3.13 roughly. Didn't count the teeth. The carrier was in great shape, it is an open carrier. The teeth on the ring are in MINT shape, so if'n anyone needs this weird gear ratio I'll ship 'em on out too you. The sub shafts were not in the axle, so they are surface rusted. Hubs have 2 studs a piece The backing plates just have the cylinders on them, nothing else. No pads, gizmos, etc. No drums. The hubs don't free turn that well, they move 'easy' enough but stop about 1/8 of a turn after you let go. No scale, should clean up well. Any thoughts?
Floors: Nice, new, no shipping instant gratification at 1/3 - 1/2 of the price!
Isn I insane?
GMC Gremlin
. . ======= ======= Now In the Gremlin's Possession, Formerly: Re: Purchasing a DANA 60 rear axle. Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Fri, Aug 6, 2004, 12:50am (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@becomes.me (GMCGremlin) DANA 44 front axle: $20.00 Gas: On way home from work, $0.00 DANA 60 Rear axle: $80.00 Rear floor for a Blazer from the 6" rise back including tail pan: $225.00 Gas: $40.00 DANA 44: Rusted to one side. Can't get the knuckles to bend. Rotors, probably calipers... Ball joints? ETC..... Supposed to have 4.11's in it, can't get the carrier to turn so I hasn't a clue... One side of the ring's teeth have a 'burr' on it, purdy sharp... Not blue however. Rust on the axle isn't bad, (no scale, front axle so it got leaked on) so I may be able to get it to move yet. Spicer manual hubs, 8 lug. DANA 60: Found the markings 41-13 (IIRC) on the ring. I would assume this is the count of the ring & pinion (respectively) which would be 3.13 roughly. Didn't count the teeth. The carrier was in great shape, it is an open carrier. The teeth on the ring are in MINT shape, so if'n anyone needs this weird gear ratio I'll ship 'em on out too you. The sub shafts were not in the axle, so they are surface rusted. Hubs have 2 studs a piece The backing plates just have the cylinders on them, nothing else. No pads, gizmos, etc. No drums. The hubs don't free turn that well, they move 'easy' enough but stop about 1/8 of a turn after you let go. No scale, should clean up well.
Any thoughts? Floors: Nice, new, no shipping instant gratification at 1/3 - 1/2 of the price!
Isn I insane? GMC Gremlin ============== ==============
You know..... When you first started comeing in here KJ, i thunked you wuz maybe jest bit touched....
Now I jest thunked yer overly mechanically optimistic. Not a bad character trait at all bud, you keep eat'n them hotdogs, and putting yer paycheck in yer rides.....life's short. Lmao
besides...... one day yer gonna walk out the door of the parts store, not pay'n attention to nut'n but that new "Hurricane" you jest purchased...
and ....
WHACK !!!.........
yer gonna knock someone down going through the door. As you pick up yer "Hurricane" and stand up, yer eyes are gonna meet hers.... aqua blue, long flowing hair, hour glass figure, beautifull smile........
and there goes the rest of your life!!!! and all yer hobby money with it. Lmao
you ain't insane....yer jest single.
enjoy yer new erector set bud, ~:~ marsh ~sips his coffee.....and remembers back 20 years.......ahhh....but to be insane one more time before i die~ ========== ==========

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Don't like my discriptions of the axles eh?

I like to eat out about once a week, I'll usually bring my family if they'll come :-)
==besides...... one day yer gonna walk out the door of the parts store, not pay'n attention to nut'n but that new "Hurricane" you jest purchased...
and ....
WHACK !!!.........
yer gonna knock someone down going through the door. As you pick up yer "Hurricane" and stand up, yer eyes are gonna meet hers.... aqua blue, long flowing hair, hour glass figure, beautifull smile........
and there goes the rest of your life!!!! and all yer hobby money with it. Lmao == That would be a cool, too meet a chick at a parts store. I've had the same girl for the last 5+ years of my 20 year long life though - purdy happy with what I got.
==you ain't insane....yer jest single. enjoy yer new erector set bud, == Any good manuals on this hub you know of? I found a DANA 60 on www.ck5.com but can't find anything on the 44.
GMC Gremlin
Same shit:
Just a bit smaller!
Refinish King
PS We shouldn't be talking about small when Marsh is around!

they'll
with
. . ========== ========== (GMCGremlin) wrote in message:
<snip>
Any good manuals on this hub you know of?
I found a DANA 60 on www.ck5.com but can't find anything on the 44. GMC Gremlin ========= ========= try this,
Dana Articles to Include 44, 60 informaiton.
Address:http://77cj.littlekeylime.com/web_rs44.html Changed:10:01 PM on Tuesday, July 20, 2004
marsh ~:~ ========= =========
Besides the retarded pro-life banter, it looks promising. Thanks for the link as always.
GMC Gremlin
. . ==================(GMC Gremlin) wrote in message:
<snip>
Any good manuals on this hub you know of?
I found a DANA 60 on www.ck5.com but can't find anything on the 44. GMC Gremlin ================try this,
Dana Articles to Include 44, 60 informaiton.
Address:http://77cj.littlekeylime.com/web_rs44.html Changed:10:01 PM on Tuesday, July 20, 2004
marsh ~:~ ================
LOFL!
His truck, Beer and his right Hand are all that matters!
Refinish King
[...]

They do move - with a sledge.

Rotors gone, calipers saved as cores.

Not
41-11, 4.09??? Some of the teeth are purdy darn rusty, there was water in the pumpkin.

Soaking it all down in PB Blaster right now....
GMC Gremlin
OH I forgot. When I turn the passenger side hub (locked obviously on both sides) the driver's side doesn't really turn the other way. Think the DS half shaft be bent, make sense to you? When turning the DS hub it will turn, get a little tighter, then spin a bit and stop. Doesn't act that way if the hubs are unlocked though.
GMC Gremlin

so
If the ring gear was rusted:
There's a good chance the carrier side bearing(s) are rusted also. 4.10 to 1 sounds right for a Ford ratio.
Refinish King

hasn't
sharp...
It has 41-11 stamped on the ring gear, that comes to 4.09....
GMC Gremlin

pumpkin.
on)
Then:
It's a BASTARD!
LOL
Refinish King

I don't think bastard gearing. I've had 2 chev pickups with factory 4.10's.

leaked
He said "4.09"
LOL!
Now that's bastard!
Refinish King
PS I've seen 4.10, 4.11 and 4.13 of curse the 4.13 was in a Dart with a 360. But who am I to criticize Mopar?

so
purdy
OK well after actually using the calculator on that one. 41/11=3.727 READ: you've got 3.73's my friend.
Not 4.10's On the other hand, both my front and rear ring gears have 41-9 on them. READ: 4.56's

I did do the math with the calculator in my phone, I wonder why I got an answer so far off base. 3.73's it is!
GMC Gremlin A master in the art of mathematical fuck ups.

turn
the
got