Major problems

So my ABS light, traction control light and brake light came on, they conti nued to turn on and off some short others long periods of time. It has been
cols and snowy so I thought maybe it was just some moisture somewhere, I p ut it in a heated shop all day. I should add that everything was still work ing even though the lights were on. I had it scanned and of coarse nothing showed up. I talked to some mechanics and they said check all the grounds a nd connections to the module, I also unhooked the battery checked fuses. I made sure all the connections were clean and put dielectric grease on the m, hooked everything back up and started the truck. This is where it gets g ood, every single possible light on the dash turned on from service air ba g, 4 wheel drive, stabilitrak, abs, traction control etc. I hooked the scan ner up and it said no power train connection and module 2 3 and 4 not respo nding. Then all my gauges went dead, truck still running but every light f lashing. Im sure it could be the module but I don't wanna just start guessi ng. I talked to a GM tech and he thinks it's something with wiring not t he module. Can anybody help me has this happened to anybody else
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 12/30/15 11:07 PM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

could be the module but I don't wanna just start guessing. I talked to a GM tech and he thinks it's something with wiring not the module. Can anybody help me has this happened to anybody else

Where did you use dielectric grease ? Surely not directly on the electrical contacts themselves ?
That grease is an insulator.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicone_grease#Dielectric_grease
You'll need to clean all of it off now.
Perhaps someone else can suggest a good cleaner. alcohol maybe?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Yes I was told to put them right on the plug connections, I had my suspicion that the grease might be causing it,
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Not causing it, the mechanical connection does the job.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
I do on all my connections. NP.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

it

Dialectric grease is an insulator, yes - but where the connectors contact they scrub the grease off and you get an air-tight connection that works and won't corrode. Very common practice "in the trade"
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
I'm going to go and clean the grease off when I get back from work, hopefully that will be the issue
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
I wouldn't.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
I'm going to go and clean the grease off when I get back from work, hopefully that will be the issue
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
I'm going to go and clean the grease off when I get back from work, hopefully that will be the issue
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
I'm going to go and clean the grease off when I get back from work, hopefully that will be the issue
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
I'm going to go and clean the grease off when I get back from work, hopefully that will be the issue
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 12/30/2015 11:51 PM, Retired wrote:

The connectors go metal to metal, and they work fine. I've used dielectric on plenty of connectors over the years.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 20:07:53 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

My first suspiscion would be a bad ground somewhere. What year and model? Do you have a leaky windsheild??
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
I checked all the grounds and even shined them up, 07 chevy no leaky windshield
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Thu, 31 Dec 2015 03:00:33 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

07 chevy what? Fullsize P/U, van, impala, malibu???
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Sorry 1500 pick up
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Similar to mine.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 12/30/2015 11:07 PM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

could be the module but I don't wanna just start guessing. I talked to a GM tech and he thinks it's something with wiring not the module. Can anybody help me has this happened to anybody else

Similar thing happened to me, on a Blazer. Cold, snow day. I'd gone to a service call, at a country residence. Bounce up and down the driveway. Gages and lights all going nuts.
Phoned a mechanic friend of mine. He said over the passenger side front wheel is the computer. There are several (I think eight) wiring connections. Each comes off with a blue, I think, thing that snaps out with a screw driver tip. And then the plug releases, and the cable comes out, showing about a 24 pin connector. Spray these with a bit of WD-40 or smear some dielectric grease on the open ends of the wiring harness. Put them back together and push in the blue clips.
Worked, for me. Best wishes, and happy new year. How's your hangover?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.