Mechanical Noise under heavy acceleration

I have a 95 Chevy 1500 with a 350 motor and manual transmission; it has

120k miles on it. Under heavy acceleration a metallic grinding noise is very noticeable and the check engine light comes on. As soon as you stop accelerating the noise goes away and the check engine light goes out. The oil pressure, oil level and engine are normal and engine runs smooth. It has just passed DEQ after having the 02 sensor and Converter replaced, if that counts for anything. Sometimes it feels like it doesn't want to go in gear, could this be from the clutch slipping? I would kind of like and idea of what is wrong with it before I take it in to the shop. Thanks for any help.
Reply to
mpipher

Bad engine mount or transmission mount could be allowing the engine to move enough to cause problems.

Reply to
Steve W.