My 307 small block in my 1965 chevy c-10

I had to use power stering fluid in my break`s master will that hurt if it will what must i do know to fix it ?

Reply to
Scott

I used to see one like that about 3 times a year when I cranked wrenches. The "rubber" components in a brakes system don't like mineral or petroleum based oils. Brake fluid is made of glycerol's, not oil. So figure on replacing the master cylinder, wheel cylinders, brake flex lines after doing a very thorough flush to get all the garbage out, and don't forget to replace the metering valve. Next time keep a bottle of brake fluid in the truck, right next to the spare qt of oil, gallon of coolant, and that bottle of power steering fluid you had with you.. Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

May I paraphrase?

"You're f**ked and need to replace every single component in your brake system that touches fluid except the steel brake lines."

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

lol. My boss pissed in a cup once and poured it in his friends MC to get them home after crimping off the steel line to the rears. Got them home - he declined his buddy's invite to help fix the car. :-)

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

Doc , I was trying to be nice about it. But it is scary how much we seem to think alike, cause that's the second thought that went through my mind, the first was the same one I got seeing one of those screw ups when I made my living fixing them, ChaaChing. Course most of my customers with that problem came from a certain oil change joint that shall remain nameless. Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Lemme guess, rhymes with Spiffy Dude?

One of those places added ATF to my sister in-laws MC last summer; what a goddamn mess. After I fixed it, taking digital pics and bagging all the 'evidence', the manager was presented with a bill and a subpeona to small claims court. We won, and aside from my time it didn't cost her anything.

What always amazes me is this, if fluids are interchangeable, there wouldn't be different types of fluid!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Hey wouldn't that be great? I go to the parts store and say "I want a quart of car fluid". Haa haa haa.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

LOFL! That would be sweet. But knowing auto manufacturers, each would have their own color to differentiate, so you'd have to say "I want a quart of green/blue/purple/orange car fluid!"

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Yeah, and you'd better not paint your truck!

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo