Windshield Wiper troubles

Hello all...

Interesting problem on '03 S-10, 4.3L V6, 2WD, extended cab...

When using the "mist" position to periodically activate the windshield wipers, the wipers will not properly "reset" to the resting position. Sometimes they will go down and try to start another cycle. Other times the wipers will run smoothly through several cycles after the initial touch of the "mist" position. Still other times the wipers will run multiple cycles, but upon reaching the resting position, they will "hesitate" a bit before running a few more cycles or stopping shortly after hitting the resting position.

I'm thinking it could be a sensor problem, but this behavior does not occur on any other mode of operation (interval or constant) for the wipers. It also usually does not happen when the vehicle is warmed up.

The vehicle in question is under warranty, but I was wondering if anyone had seen this and knew of a potential quick fix for it.

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh
2 things..

Check for electrical ground to the wiper motor. Check for recalls

Good Luck!

Reply to
Csmall