new motor

i have a 91 S10 with a 2.8 and was wondering how much of a pain it would be to replace the motor with a V6 of the same year and model the motor isnt bad just lacking in age

Reply to
<skyelenier

If you want to put the money/time into it use a 3.4 as a replacement. Its not that bad. Go buy a Chiltons or Haynes as those will give you in DETAIL what you could be getting into.

Reply to
Leon

The 2.8 can be replaced with the 3.4 liter that GM offers as a bolt in replacement.

Reply to
Steve W.

Reply to
<skyelenier

I'm getting old, and the memory isn't as good as it once was, starting to feel like that Toby Keith song. Anyways, when the 2.8 is replaced with a 3.4, didn't the injectors in the throttle body have to be replaced?

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Reply to
<skyelenier

Yes, I seem to recall reading that someone had done the swap and used 4.3 injectors on a 2.8 to 3.4 liter swap - apparently the injectors for the 2.8 don't pass enough fuel to properly support the 3.4.

Reply to
xmh31d_64