CD for silverado

I am looking for a delco CD player for my 1999 Silverado. If I end up buying one that is anti theft, will it work in my truck?

Reply to
Rick Ruston

Hi!

Assume that it won't.

That said, the proper radio for your truck (if it has anti-theft features in it) can likely be made to work but you may need to prove it wasn't stolen. Further, the radio may require reprogramming if it came from another vehicle similar to your truck.

This isn't to say that a replacement OEM radio can't be made to work. Most times it can, but you may need to spend more money to get to that point. Is the OEM look worth the price?

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

i had a single disc in my 99 silverado, and when i bought a 2000 z71 it has cassette, so part of the deal was for me to buy yjt 2000 was to change them out, dealer let me, and it worked fine. i had the anti theft on it BUT i set my own code.

Reply to
Charles H.

Pre 03 you could swap easily. 03 and up is where the radio checks the VIN

Reply to
Eugene Nine