No spark...

'83 S-10 Blazer 4WD 2.8L V6:

I had the module in the distributor tested at Autozone, and it's good. Now I'm going to check the ignition coil. While I'm doing that, does anybody have any other ideas... hidden computer modules, fusible links, dead rats inside the dashboard...?

Reply to
Checkmate

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 12:44:12 -0800, Checkmate put forth the notion that...

Damn, coil's okay too...

Reply to
Checkmate

Make sure there is 12 volts at the distributor battery terminal, if not check for a blown fuse. I think these had an ignition fuse. If fuse is blown, there is a short somewhere. Look for a bare area on the wire.

Ya ya ya, I know, you guys hate top posters. Tuff.

Brent

Reply to
Brent Popp

Hi!

On a California truck (didn't you once say you were somewhere in CA?) there might be a "Computer Command Control System" or somesuch similarly named system. It's mentioned in my '84 GMC manual along with a fault light placed where mine says "Glow Plugs".

Where it lives I dunno, and I think I read somewhere that the vehicle could still run even if that computer is dead...

They much prefer dashboards, papers, "airwick" air fresheners, and insulation. I haven't yet had them destroy any wiring that I know of, although the radio went nutty a while back, but it may have gotten wet...

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 22:57:13 GMT, William R. Walsh put forth the notion that...

Well, I got it going. Tested the ignition module and the coil, and both were good. The only other thing I did was scrape a little crud off the tip of the rotor and put everything back together... she started right up. I have to assume that it was either the crud on the rotor or there was a bad connection somewhere, although I've never seen an arced rotor totally kill the spark before, and this one wasn't all that bad. Thanks to everybody for their help. Should I stick around awhile and troll the group like old times? It won't be the same without that Darn Deadwin kid, but sometimes we have to make the best we can with what we have to work with...

Reply to
Checkmate

"Checkmate" wrote

I suspect it won't be worth your while. There hasn't been anyone even close to the kind of personality that Dean has. It's been fairly smooth sailing in these waters since he's been gone.

Too bad, really. He was very entertaining.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 02:12:32 GMT, shiden_kai put forth the notion that...

Yes, much like a train wreck is entertaining. I have to admit that my trolling activities have been seriously curtailed lately anyway. I did over $7000 in sales on eBay last month, and it wasn't even selling JBA headers. I have to go where the money is, and trolling never did pay that well... except for the occasional victim who offered to pay me to go away.

Reply to
Checkmate

"Checkmate" wrote

Got any leads on some cheap notebooks? Mind you, by the time they come over the border, they won't be cheap anymore.....

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 03:21:29 GMT, shiden_kai put forth the notion that...

I don't have any connections on notebooks, but I'm manufacturing and selling phase converters. If you ever need one, I'll hook you up.

Reply to
Checkmate