OK Doc (off topic)

Back to the Z-28 I changed the ignition module to a new GM. This seemed to help a little, it will sit and idle now but it will still die when I put it in gear. I took the CTS off and I did not notice any change (it did not raise the idle speed). Although it is "running" now it will not rev past 3k and has no power. It seems like its just not getting enough fuel. Vacuum is good. I put a new fuel filter on and checked the pressure.... its perfect. Im going to try some of that GM fuel injector cleaner that injects on the fuel rail, if that dont work I guess Ill have to change the injectors. Any other thoughts? STILL NO CODES. NOTHING.

Reply to
CCred68046

Replaced the PCM yet? He he he he.

It's a possibility that when that injector shorted out it took the fuel delivery portion of the PCM with it. Any junkyards nearby where you could get one for a reasonable price?

If it's running like shit and the PCM ain't spitting out codes left and right, it looks like that might be your problem. When the PCM is caput, it runs in "limp home mode" so you can get her to a garage for repair. That might be what's happening here. The main portion of the PCM could be shot, hence the shitty running and no codes, and she's running in limp-home mode.

You have her hooked to a Tech-2 yet to monitor the sensor input in realtime?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Grab a set of noid lights to hook to the injector harness to test for the signal coming from the PCM to the injector before replacing the PCM.

Reply to
Wrench-head

Replaced PCM with the injector.... Had it hooked to the real time meter and everything was great. Why does all this bizarre crap happen to me? Of course now that I got you involved, you're next. :) Remember the brakes? LOL!!!

Thanks Doc.

Reply to
CCred68046

Did that, also tested the resistance on all of them and they are all in range. This car is driven very little, has only 40k miles and probably 30k miles were put on it from '92 to 95. Still looks new. Maybe I'll luck out and the injector cleaner will work, the fuel in it smelled real bad. I drained all that and filled it up with fresh.

Thanks Wrench, if you can think of anything else, dont forget me.

Reply to
CCred68046

I had forgotten until now.................................aaaaahhhhhhhhhh! Flashbacks..........................

My hands were so f**ked up from being covered in DOT for three days solid...........

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

CCred,

My truck was acting the same way a few months back. Turns out a wire to the PCM had a bare spot in it and it was grounding out against the firewall. The injector was spraying fuel, but not enough to do much more than idle. Wrapped some electrical tape around the bare spot and she ran fine.

Hope it helps, Kyle

Reply to
KB

Thanks man. For some reason I suspect something like what you described but it seems to me that it would have drove the diagnostic scanner nuts and it didnt. To make things as bad as they can be, this car has TPI (of course). I will look at them again.

Reply to
CCred68046

For what it's worth, mine never set a code.

Reply to
KB