PLEASE HELP

1993 GMC sierra k1500 4x4 5.7 throttle body injection My truck was parked and running then just stopped. I can hear the fuel pump running when I turn the key on.just replaced it last year. I put a few squirts of fuel directly in the throttle body ,where the injectors are,it didn't even attempt to start.

I do think it getting fire. I removed the coil wire from the distributor cap,inserted a screw driver and then rested the screw driver very close to the center prong (coil prong) on the cap. I did not see any spark at all. I also rested the screw driver on the prong and still no spark.

I reconnected the coil wire and then removed the other end going to the coil. the prong or connection point was all covered with a white powdery substance. I cleaned it off with emery cloth ,but still no spark.

I'm guessing its my coil, could it be anything else? Thanks for the help AD

Reply to
DiVincenzo

It could be the coil wire. I've seen allot of them burn on the ends. Could also be the module. Check the coil by using a long screw driver or something from ground to the tip of the coil,if no spark check the wires going to the coil,one should have 12v all the time, the other should blink while cranking. If no blinking it is most likely the module. If it is the module replace the coil too cause a bad coil can kill a module and you don't want to kill your new one.

Reply to
ShoeSaleman