PLEASE HELP

1993 GMC sierra k1500 4x4 5.7 throttle body injection My truck was parked and running then just stopped. I can hear the fuel pump running when I turn the key on.just replaced it last year. I put a few squirts of fuel directly in the throttle body ,where the injectors are,it didn't even attempt to start.

I do think it getting fire. I removed the coil wire from the distributor cap,inserted a screw driver and then rested the screw driver very close to the center prong (coil prong) on the cap. I did not see any spark at all. I also rested the screw driver on the prong and still no spark.

I reconnected the coil wire and then removed the other end going to the coil. the prong or connection point was all covered with a white powdery substance. I cleaned it off with emery cloth ,but still no spark.

I'm guessing its my coil, could it be anything else? Thanks for the help AD

Reply to
DiVincenzo

there's a pick-up module under the distrub. cap. there's a couple of wires that plug into it.This happened too me one time. You have too pull the dist. shaft all the way out to replace this. Be carful not to get it out of time.

Reply to
woods44