possible blown fuse, where to look?

I have a 2003 silverado 1500 Z71 and today I lost power to everything in the passenger door (power window, lock, lights on switches, etc.) and also the keyless entry quit working and the retained accessory power don't work when you shut off the engine. Could this just be a blown fuse or would it be a damaged circuit board? I don't want to have to drive 30-40 miles out of the way and wait forever at the dealer just for a blown fuse. I'm looking at the owners manual noticed a 25 amp circuit breaker that says "CB RT DOOR". Could that be it? Shouldn't a circuit breaker like this reset on its own?

Thanks for any help, Jason

Reply to
Goff/Williams

It might have a reset button on it....if it is a circuit breaker and not a fuse. Technically a fuse will break a circuit so it could be called a "circuit breaker". I am not trying to start an argument, just pointing out that mfgrs in many fields use weird semantics sometimes. Check for blown fuses. The real question is why did the "CB" pop? Is your window stuck? Is there water in the door? Mike

Reply to
Mike Copeland

I could have got water in the door, I just got done washing the truck before this happen. If that was the case those GM engineers need to think a little harder where to put electronics to keep them away from weather. I'll check all the fuses and breakers now that I have some time.

Reply to
Goff/Williams

Besides the obvious, (fuses, circuit breaker) look closely at the entry point for the wire harness to the door. Sometimes these get pinched on a wide variety of vehicles. If that is it, you should be able to at least see a crushed area of the harness.

Reply to
Patrick t.

you are gonna have to bring it to the dealer... If they don't have a clue... show them this... The passenger door module(Passenger switch) is locked up... this does not need to be replaced,just unlocked and reflashed... this kills the remotes,the passenger pwr lock and window..

simply plug in the tech 2, make sure you have the latest version of software and go into the passenger door module under special functions select "refresh" and follow the prompts.. after this the module will be awake and functioning.. now go into data list and copy all the info.. now go into special functions and select "request sps data for reprogramming" do this and reflash the passenger door module... you will need the RPO codes for speaker and RKE selection...there is an update to keep this from happening again... Sorry, but I don't know of any way to unlock this without a tech 2.... before the reflash we were changing them...

Reply to
bobo

Hi!

Circuit breakers can suffer fatal damage while tripping, especially auto-resetting types.

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh